Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Software Design Engineer at our Product Development facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Software Design Engineer, who will have a positive influence on the organization and the Product Development team. This role plays an important role in creating, modifying, and implementing designs to address customer needs. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization to ensure that we deliver quality forklift trucks. Join our team as we take forklift design to the next level.
The Software Design Engineer Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
* Develop, design, release, test and follow up development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer.
* Collaborate and provide support to the Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups engaged in the project.
* Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements
* Support development testing to ensure design robustness to requirements.
* Develop and execute test plans (DVP&R, validation, etc.) for complete vehicle, system, and components
* Analyze data and communicate test results both verbally and through written reports
* Provide product/process specification documents, detailed drawings, test engineering reports, sales and product information data and test plans
The Successful Software Design Engineer Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
* BS in Computer Engineering, strongly preferred; Electrical/Electronic Engineering
* Minimum 8+ years industry experience
* Specialized knowledge/skill in C Programming language, strongly preferrered
* Specialized knowledge/skill in Matlab/Simulink preferred, strongly preferred
* Specialized knowledge of CAN bus systems (SAE J1939 or CAN Open) strongly preferred
* Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Attention to Quality: Follow established procedures and be attentive to details to ensure accuracy in design and documentation.
* Decision Making: Exhibit good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; demonstrate ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
* Systematic Problem solving: Demonstrate ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
* Teamwork and Flexibility: Function well in a team environment by working well with other employees and other departments.
* Occasional travel may be required (less than 10% total time)
* Manage the engineering concept, design, release, and follow up development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer
* Develop and manage the engineering plan / schedule for the project
* Manage the engineering activities required to support the Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups engaged in the project.
* Take a leadership role in identifying and implementing improved processes for product innovation, reliability and cost, development efficiency, customer responsiveness, and overall quality of work
* Work with suppliers to deliver total truck performance
* Design and integrate power electronic systems for used on off highway mobile equipment
* Work with electronic systems and component suppliers
* Develop system models using Matlab/Simulink
* Work with cross functional engineers to develop efficient, cost effective solutions
* Specialized knowledge/skill in electrical and mechanical control systems
* Specialized knowledge/skill in vehicle/automotive/ Li-Ion/Motor Control technology
* Specialized knowledge/skill in design, industry regulations and manufacturing technology
* Specialized knowledge/skill in engineer test procedures
* Specialized knowledge/skill in industry regulations
* Specialized knowledge/skill in project management and planning
* Experienced in managing 2-4 member design team
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
* On-site Cafeteria
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Salary: US$27834 - US$28834 per year
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci44ODY0Ni43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
|Address||Greenville North Carolina|