Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented HR Manager at our facility located in Danville, IL . HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic, passionate HR Manager. This position manages, directs, reviews and coordinates all aspects of the Human Resources, Administrative Services, Safety/Environmental activities to include workman's compensation and training functions for the Danville Parts Distribution Center. The HR Manager will be the key decision-maker working in collaboration with site management and divisional HR in all such matters. The HR Manager will play a key role in managing the strategic and tactical relationship with the ILTBU. The position will also serve as the site authority meeting employment regulatory requirements. Further, the HR Manager will play a critical role as a functional representative and business partner of the PDC staff in business matters pertaining to the operation. This position requires familiarity with the different aspects of the PDC Operations as recommendations are made to upper management, which affects all areas of the operation. A sense of trust and honesty has to be evident in relations with the Union. This position is the recipient of many and varied questions from all levels of employees and needs to be prepared to offer assistance. This position communicates with the local business community in areas of mutual concern and in the interest of both the operation and the community.
The successful HR Manager will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* PDC Operations - Act as a key member of the PDC management team, participating in business process improvement initiatives. Provide the General Manager and Staff with professional coaching and guidance. Involvement and knowledge of all PDC operational area is essential.
* Employee Relations/Communications - Manage all positive employee relation and engagement activities. Ensure employee concerns and issues are handled in a fair and equitable manner while maintaining legal compliance and limiting risk. Manage all aspects of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the collective bargaining process and ensure no workforce disruption.
* Legal Compliance- Continuous analysis and monitoring of Danville workforce to limit all risk and ensure compliance. Plan preparation, analysis, dissemination and case management of all Arbitrations/EEO/AA/NLRB claims
* Talent Management - Maintain an effective talent management program for the facility for hourly and salaried employees that supports the needs of the operation including training programs regarding Leadership, safety, environmental/hazardous communications and specialized skills.
* Salary/Benefit/Employment Administration - Recommend changes to current programs, monitor performance against plans. Manage the employment process activities for the Danville facility in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Serve as local Hay committee chairperson.
The HR Manager will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* B.S. degree in HR, business or related discipline preferred
* 4-6 years of extensive related HR experience in a union environment. 8-12 years of extensive related HR experience in a union environment may be considered in lieu of degree.
* Specialized knowledge of Federal and State laws as they relate to OFCCP, EEOC, OSHA, EPA, FMLA, Unemployment Insurance, COBRA, Workers Comp., etc.
* Knowledge of sound Human Resources practices in areas of employment, compensation, benefit design and administration, training and labor relations
* Seasoned managerial, supervisory and business experience with strong leadership skills
* Strong Analytical skills, Communication Skills (verbal & written) and organizational skills
* Advanced PC skills with Microsoft Office Products
* Experience with the following HR systems helpful:
* Labor Management Systems
* Performance/Talent Management Systems
* Payroll (ADP)
* Time and Attendance systems
* Leave Management systems
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401K with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Danville, with a population around 33,000, sits as the county seat of Vermillion County which is located in East Central Illinois along the Illinois/Indiana border. Danville offers small town charm and big city amenities. Our city is known for its range of shopping, from antiques and boutiques to big-box, excellent parks and recreation, academics, affordable housing, and quality healthcare for veterans and everyone else. We are home to our own Community College (DACC- Danville Area Community College) and are a short thirty-five miles from the University of Illinois in Champaign, IL and only fifty-seven miles from Purdue University in Lafayette, IN. The residents of Danville are known to be helpful, friendly, always armed with a story and ready to share it.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmJyb29rcy44NjgwMC43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t