Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented DESIGN ENGINEER- SUPERVISOR at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Design Engineering team. The DESIGN ENGINEER SUPERVISOR will provide daily direction to the Product Design Engineers in execution of design modifications to existing CBDC Class I products and Class I, II, III Fuel Cell products. Direct the design activity, analysis, testing, training and work schedules related to maintaining the quality and performance of manufactured Class I products. Provide product design engineering support to multi-Global manufacturing plants and Service Engineers to accurately and quickly address design issues in the manufacturing environment and at dealer and end customer locations.
The DESIGN ENGINEER SUPERVISOR Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
* Provide product engineering support to plant personnel, Marketing and Service, with Open communications between manufacturing, engineering, marketing and service to support the Team Environment, provide an ever improving product and maximize the profit margins on our products.
* Improved customer satisfaction with quick response on issues. Address warranty and service problems with the goal of elimination
* Validating performance of Production Prototypes and First Article Builds, Work with Product Development Teams to resolve start up and performance issues identified.
* Design and development, and production launch to meet product requirements.
* Verify that product designs are maintained to all applicable codes and standards, in order to meet Customer satisfaction with a World Class product that meets current regulations.
* Develop qualified engineering staff capable of supporting the plant and company goals.
The Successful DESIGN ENGINEER SUPERVISOR Must Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
* BS in Engineering is required
* Minimum of 10 years experience, in design and development, in heavy equipment or Big Lift-Truck systems industry, required
* Engineering Product Knowledge is required and includes:
- engineering competence in the fields of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical design
- strong attention to detail, and excellent interaction skills and capable of working across functional groups (including purchasing, manufacturing and engineering)
- capable of effective communication across all levels of management, and proficient in the preparation and delivery of results in technical reports and presentations
- monitoring of technical and business publications for advances in lift truck design and development trends
* Valued knowledge includes: awareness of global regulations (OSHA, ITA, ISO, EEC, EN, CE, and UL) and manufacturing process and quality principles,
* Project Management experience is required and includes: planning and managing Global engineering projects involving cross functional teams
* Operational Management experience is required and includes: Experience in planning and managing department budget, staffing and scheduling
* Personnel Management experience is required and includes: Provide technical leadership and development to other professionals, problem solving skills to offer solutions to major problems associated with projects, organize and facilitate technical teams to solve specific technical problems, experience supervising engineering groups, mentoring and coaching experience
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic (most locations)
* On site cafeteria (most locations)
Greenville, NC is a vibrant city, located just 85 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 85 miles west of the beaches of the Crystal Coast. For more information about Greenville, visit http://visitgreenvillenc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci4yMTAxNC43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
|Company||Hyster-Yale Group, Inc|
|Address||Greenville North Carolina|