Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA), the producer of MODEX 2012, is partnering with 17 groups to collocate their events with MODEX 2012 February 6-9 at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center. The following groups will be collocating their events with MODEX 2012:
• The American Society of Transportation and Logistics (ASTL)
• The Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM)
• The Atlanta Roundtable of Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
• The Center for Excellence in Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)
• The College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE)
• The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
• Ergonomic Assist Systems and Equipment Council (EASE)
• The Georgia Institute of Technology Supply Chain and Logistics Institute
• The Georgia Logistics Summit
• The Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
• Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
• Metro Atlanta Chamber Supply Chain Leadership Council
• National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
• The Panama Canal Authority
• The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA)
• Technical Career Education Program (TCEP)
• The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) International Trade Administration
• The Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC)
“Collocating these events with MODEX 2012 will allow manufacturing, distribution and supply chain professionals unparalleled education and networking opportunities as well as exposure to the broadest material handling, logistics and supply chain equipment and technology display of any expo of its kind in North America,” says John Nofsinger, Chief Executive Officer for MHIA.
“For our members, attendees and exhibitors, the collocations will add even more value to the MODEX 2012 event; the largest being the Georgia Logistics Summit which last year hosted 1,300 attendees from 21 states and expects to draw even more in conjunction with MODEX 2012.”
“These collocated events will complement the existing Conference at MODEX 2012, which provides valuable insight into the trends and innovations impacting supply chains,” says George Prest, Chief Operating Officer for MHIA. “The MODEX 2012 Conference will feature leading-edge topics in manufacturing, distribution and the supply chain, exploring subjects as such as the impact of the Panama Canal expansion to sustainability, security, visibility over four days of sessions led by industry experts.”
MODEX 2012 is the industry’s newest expo for manufacturing, distribution and supply chain solutions. MHIA anticipates 500 exhibitors and manufacturing, distribution and supply chain professionals from over 80 countries around the globe to attend MODEX 2012.
For more information about attending or exhibiting at MODEX 2012, including information on exhibitors, the MODEX Conference, collocated events and complimentary attendee registration, visit www.MODEXShow.com.
MHIA is an international trade association that has represented the material handling and logistics industry since 1945. MHIA members include material handling and logistics equipment and systems manufacturers, integrators, consultants, publishers, and third party logistics providers. Member companies come from all areas of material handling and various parts of the world, making MHIA a strong national and international representative for the material handling and logistics industry. Much of the work of the industry is done within its product-specific Industry Groups. The association sponsors trade events, such as ProMat 2013 and MODEX 2012 to showcase the products and services of its member companies and to educate manufacturing, distribution and supply chain professionals on the productivity solutions provided through material handling and logistics.
Carol Miller, MHIA VP of Marketing and Communications
8720 Red Oak Blvd., Suite 201 Charlotte, NC 28217-3992
704-676-1190 • 800-345-1815 • FAX: 704-676-1199
E-mail: email@example.com • www.MODEXShow.com