Sales Applications Engineer
Designs and proposes creative, winning solutions to help our customers and resellers be successful to eliminate direct labor, increase quality and throughput using a combination of proprietary technology and best practices.
In this rapidly growing and evolving team you'll be assured of maximum visibility and opportunity for rapid advancement. The initial role is primarily in-the-office with approximately 10% travel for cross training, and trade shows and forums. You'll be the primary phone and web communication for new inquiries, assisting potential customers, helping coordinate field visits, documenting all activities in CRM. You'll configure outstanding written proposals using standard StreamTech products. You'll have close access to our technical team and cultivate professional relationships based on sharing information. As your experience grows you'll tackle more challenging, custom applications.
Career advancement includes opportunities for growth into major account sales, applications team management, and/or general company management. We urgently need bright, ambitious team members to help us grow to the next level.
Superior Performance Criteria
- $4MM per year in revenue, estimating accuracy +/- 10% or better - Processes improved.
- Very high quality written and verbal communication
- 6+ well written case histories per year
- Strong positive feedback from teammates and customers
- Develop relationships with repeat customers and resellers
- Acknowledge requests from customers same day and set reasonable expectations for more formal response. End user leads immediate follow up (first priority)
- Help customers organize needed data. Informal training for resellers in order to minimize back-and-forth requests.
- Create great system designs, ballpark cost to enable initial ROI estimate and help resellers qualify application.
- Create accurate estimates for qualified formal proposals.
- Understand and position our offerings versus competitors
- Track opportunity and contact information in CRM
- Document new supplier technologies and pricing and promulgates to the team. Aggressively incorporates new technologies on a limited basis to manage risk
- Regularly schedules customer visits for familiarization, support of resellers, and support of customers
- Cross trains with controls and shop / technical personnel to better understand the implementation side of business.
- Support company at trade shows
- Work with Marketing to develop case history and other repurposable content
- Follow up with customers as sales opportunities move to an order; teamwork with Sales to close.
- Facilitate booking of new projects: assist with concept for Functional Specification, incorporation into schedule, review and assist with estimate in accounting system, time budgets to Harvest.
- Follow up with customers after go-live
General Requirements (All employees)
- Professional demeanor that reflects well on you and the company at all times
- Actively promote StreamTech in professional social media and participate in development of case studies and contribution of content (e.g. blog posts) to website.
- Follows approved company processes and good practice. Dedication to improvement of internal processes
- Takes pride in the condition of personal and shared spaces.
- Respectful of others' differences including race and ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, physical challenges, etc.
- Well groomed and professional appearance
- Actively pursues self improvement, learning additional skills
- Helps build others up and be successful.
Qualifications & Attributes
- 4-year engineering degree (BS).
- 4+ years' post graduation work experience.
- Superlative email written and phone communications skills. Enjoys picking up the phone, conversation and ability to build a relationship via phone, email.
- 2D or 3D CAD skills (AutoCAD, Sketchup, etc) required
- Ability to flex communications based on the role of the person spoken to - Janitor, Supervisor, CEO (Respectful to all).
- Savvy business person - avoids being taken advantage of while looking for the best in people.
- Positive outlook in both good and tough situations and environments. Ability to be effective in occasional adverse conditions.
- Student of material handling and automation industry: devotes time to industry magazines, researches new technologies, e-newsletters, trade shows.
- Extremely computer literate with MS Office & Google products
- Disciplined; Excellent problem solving and time management skills
Required Activities and Reports
- Expiring proposals follow up and report
- Existing prospect and customer check-in
- Prioritize proposals needed
- Project Scheduling and other company meetings
- Fine tune travel schedules and alert team for upcoming days
- Monthly: Set up 2 customer visits, 1 case history, blog post etc; Review of closed projects: budgets estimate/actual, timeline, lessons learned
- Review of sales opportunity pipeline
- Annual: Review, Upcoming year budgets (October)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary plus Bonus
- Retirement plan with company match
- Excellent Health/Dental Insurance
- Smartphone / Laptop
- Mobile Phone stipend
- Professional Development & Training
|Company Division||StreamTech Engineering|
|Address||2260 Ball Drive|
St Louis MO 63146