Curtis Instruments, Inc. has led the way with innovations in motor control, battery management and vehicle instrumentation since 1960. Curtis is at the forefront of developing clean transportation alternatives. Today the company is an internationally recognized leader in instrumentation and controls, primarily for electric vehicles of all types. Vehicle design engineers at major original equipment manufacturers worldwide depend on Curtis to enhance and evolve their own products.
If you are looking for a position that combines your electrical, mechanical and programming knowledge in a customer-facing role in the electric vehicle environment, we may have just the job for you!
You will be involved in evaluating customer requirements, and recommending or assisting in the implementation of Curtis products for customer design or development projects. You will provide technical support to OEM’s, dealers, distributors and end-users of Curtis products both in-house and at the customers site. You will collaborate and participate with QA, Manufacturing, Engineering and Customer Service to provide a solution or resolution for customer application issues.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT CURRENT OR FUTURE SPONSORSHIP
What you will do:
Provide hands-on technical support to customers for all Curtis product lines.
* Evaluate customer requirements, and assist and guide customers in applying and installing Curtis products into customer’s hardware.
* Provide technical information and guidance to customers, sales reps and distributors.
* Write/edit application notes, installation guides, technical notes and literature to inform customers about products.
* Communicate with customers with respect to technical applications. Evaluate and report on customer response to product capabilities and limitations; evaluate and report on competitors’ products.
* Suggest and evaluate modifications for new products.
* Assist in sales efforts. Evaluate and provide leads to sales staff, accompanying on sales calls as required. Follow up on sales calls and phone leads. Represent company at technical conferences and tradeshows as required.
* Ability to deal with regular interruptions and shifting customer priorities
* Prepare application notes and other reports as required
What you will need:
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
* Coursework/experience in computer programming (C preferred)
* Computer literate with strong analytical and computational ability
* Knowledge of electrical machinery a plus (forklifts, golf carts, power wheelchairs, etc.)
* Ability to work with mechanical and electrical hand and power tools
* CAD experience and ability to read wiring diagrams, electrical schematics
* Hands-on automotive or vehicle repair experience helpful
* 1 to 3 years' technical support experience
* Excellent customer-focused approach with good follow-up skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Ability to travel on short notice within the Americas, up to 50%, to serve client needs
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Corporate Culture:
Curtis operates twelve offices with more than 1,000 Curtis employees worldwide providing excellent sales and service support. Our employees tend to like it here, and show us by staying for a long time. We show them their value by treating them with respect and offering them great benefits, and a challenging and fun place to work. Curtis has been voted one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York for the four consecutive years of application! We are committed to clean and green technology, social responsibility and transparent management policy. Curtis is family-oriented, business casual and has a celebratory work culture which includes recognizing and supporting professional development.
|Address||200 Kisco Avenue|
Mount Kisco NY 10549