Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Supplier Quality Engineer II at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Supplier Quality Engineer II who will have a positive influence on the Global Procurement and Supply team. As a Supplier Quality Engineer II, you will primarily be responsible for projects and other special activities dealing with supplier quality for an individual major HYG assembly plant. In addition, you will be called on to support both the component plants as needed and suppliers that are located in their local region yet supply other major assembly plants around the world (liaison role).
There are two major objectives associated with the position:
1. Leading the implementation of the development, execution and ongoing evolvement of the respective assembly plant’s supplier quality management function.
2. Interfacing and coordinating closely with related functional departments that have significant responsibility for the quality of HYG products - such as Service Engineering, Plant Quality Control and Development Engineering - to ensure HYG maximizes the quality performance of its supply base.
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer II will have the following Key Accountabilities:
Supply Base Quality Performance - current production parts
* Positive and sustainable improvements in the areas of a) delivered parts quality and b) supplier problem solving effectiveness.
Early and Beneficial Supplier Involvement in the HYG New Model Design & Development Process and Production Preparation Process
* Measurable quality improvements for new model parts via: a) supplier’s manufacturing input and influence in design for manufacture activity, and b) supplier process readiness for new model introduction
Warranty Reduction - current production parts
* Significant positive trend in warranty cost reduction due to effective problem solving with select, high warranty dollar suppliers where Quality problem is mainly due to poor supplier performance.
Policy and Procedure Implementation
* Initial supply base education and then ongoing enforcement in key areas of Problem Solving, Supplier Manufacturing Process Control, Supplier Manufacturing Process Evaluation and Supplier Production Readiness Assessment
Data collection, analysis and reporting
* Clear and effective management tools and reports that assist in managing supply base and presenting current status (of new model production readiness, for example)
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer II will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* BS in Engineering, required.
* Minimum of 5 years39; experience, in manufacturing heavy equipment or Big Lift-Truck systems industry.
* Certification (via ASQ – American Society for Quality or another similar certification) is also desirable.
* Broad Technical understanding of either major lift truck systems and components or similar complex part assemblies from another manufacturing industry required.
* Broad Manufacturing Industry, Product, and Supplier knowledge through significant Industry and OTJ experience (5 years minimum) required.
* Extensive “on the shop floor” experience in problem solving activity with both suppliers and related internal departments required.
* Maturity and Professionalism to effectively interface with Supplier Senior Management in order to improve performance required.
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401K with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
* On site cafeteria
Greenville, NC is a vibrant town in Pitt County located just 85 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 85 miles west of the beaches of the Crystal Coast. It has a population of over 172,000 people in the greater metropolitan area and is ranked number six Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine. Greenville, NC is the home of East Carolina University and friendly southern culture offering dining, arts, museums, festivals, and a variety of amenities and quick access to several water fronts and beaches for people who love the outdoors. For more information about Greenville, visit http://visitgreenvillenc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Salary: US$27834 - US$28834 per year
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci4xOTUzMi43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
Greenville North Carolina