Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Welding Engineer at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Welding Engineer who will have a positive influence on the Manufacturing Team. As a Welding Engineer, you will you will have the responsibility to effectively develop welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys that deal directly with the manufacturing assembly of forklifts. Plan, organize, develop and execute projects or activities to optimize productivity in terms of quality, quantity and cost. Acts as project manager and liaison between various engineering functions and manufacturing. Provide guidance and direction to DFT/OMS Coordinators.
The successful Welding Engineer will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Develops and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods; techniques and procedures.
* Reduce costs, increase productivity, reduce scrap/re-work, and provide resources to train and problem solve.
* Support Shop Floor and Indirect areas by providing proper documentation, tools and training for the assembly of trucks as well as functional troubleshooting.
* Develop and maintain SOE documentation in DFT environment.
* Evaluate and resolve problems in Manufacturing and develop operators to resolve issues independently.
* Develop methods, standards, line balances and line layouts.
* Support the introduction of New Products into Production.
* Provide feedback of design and review of manufacturability as well as cost of products.
* Develop and maintain OMS to support assembly.
* Analyze, develop, layout, procure and install, equipment and tools for implementing products.
* Establish and document procedures. Train operators in correct assembly procedures and resolves any additional issues.
* Determine costs, manufacturability of changes and specials. Expeditiously process and document methods. Cat D, Service, OEM and ECO activities.
* Develop, document and maintain processes within established guidelines.
* Identify and purchase required tools, equipment and supplies.
* Work with Manufacturing and QA to start up, debug and verify processes.
* Ensure continual improvements of cost, processes, safety and quality.
* Capital Projects evaluation and implementation.
* Analyze, access cost justifications for each alternative and assist in writing Acquisition Requests. Install, start-up, and de-bug equipment.
* Train operators in safe use and maintenance of equipment.
* Eliminate waste, increase quality, and improve productivity. Provide quality process documentation.
* Provide technical support to analyze, document and reduce costs.
The successful Welding Engineer will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* BS degree in Welding Engineering required.
* 1-2 years in a Welding Engineer role in a manufacturing environment required.
* Required experience in manufacturing industry with Big Lift-Truck systems
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling/fixture design, materials and process planning required.
* Knowledge of ergonomics, facility design, motion/time studies, engineering economy, material handling design, and simulations experience required.
* Working knowledge of CAD/CAM, PRO-E and COREL required.
* Lean manufacturing knowledge (JIT, CSM, DFT techniques & philosophy) required.
* Working knowledge of ISO and auditing for compliance to quality standards required.
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
Greenville, NC is a vibrant town in Pitt County located just 85 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 85 miles west of the beaches of the Crystal Coast. It has a population of over 172,000 people in the greater metropolitan area and is ranked number six Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine. Greenville, NC is the home of East Carolina University and friendly southern culture offering dining, arts, museums, festivals, and a variety of amenities and quick access to several water fronts and beaches for people who love the outdoors. For more information about Greenville, visit http://visitgreenvillenc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Salary: US$27834 - US$28834 per year
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci43MjcxNi43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
|Address||Greenville North Carolina|