Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Electrical Engineer, at our Manufacturing Plant and Warehouse Product Development Center located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Electrical Engineer, who will have a positive influence on the Product Development team. As an Electrical Engineer, you will work on the design of components, assemblies or vehicle systems, provide product design documentation through the creation of detail drawings, engineering lists and Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and integrate manufacturing input into the design of components, assemblies, or vehicle systems, and may participate in the support of manufacturing activities such as Pilot or 1st Production.
The Electrical Engineer will provide basic input to the concept phase of projects and provide technical direction to Drafters, Designers and Engineers. In this role you will also create product design documentation - such as CAE (computer aided engineering), schematics, software specifications and code, 3D models, detail drawings, engineering lists, reports, test plans and software coding - to support release of Change Orders describing component design revisions. You will translate truck-level and system-level requirements to component requirements and plan and support development testing to ensure design robustness to requirements. The Electrical Engineer will interface with component suppliers, partner companies and internal customers (Platform, Manufacturing, Marketing, Service, etc.) to understand detailed product requirements and develop concepts for system design as well as supervise other engineers/technicians. The Electrical Engineer will interface directly with customers at HYG locations and customer sites.
The Electrical Engineer Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
* Lead and execute electrical and software design by preparing and issuing documents including software specifications, code, schematics, wiring diagrams, electro-mechanical component connections, wire harnesses and cables, embedded control modules and various electro-mechanical assemblies
* Size and select electrical and mechanical components directly managing technical exchanges with suppliers and prototype systems wiring
* Support commissioning and troubleshooting of the systems from the electrical and software point of view identifying bugs and implementing corrective actions, at HYG and customer sites
* Work with other members of engineering team to develop and refine system electrical design, identify improved solutions addressing cost reduction and reliability improvement and ensure timely implementation of new design
* Contribute to the preparation of technical documentation related to customers' offers
* Design and develop components as required for lift truck vehicles
* Design and develop assemblies as required for lift truck vehicles and order prototype parts
* Evaluate component design and assembly, build prototype vehicles, design and evaluate systems and plan and execute prototype test activities
* Provide design specification documentation as required to manufacture the product such as detail drawings, engineering list structure and ECN writing
* Provide product/process specification documents, detailed drawings/software development, test engineering reports, sales and product information data and test plans
* Develop product around the most efficient and cost effective manufacturing processes, and provide on-site Engineering support during critical Manufacturing activities such as Pilot and 1st Production; integrate Manufacturing/Purchasing input basic design
* Participate in the development of project concepts which meet the requirements of HYG's Product Line Strategy Groups and satisfies the customers' needs, such as design input to project proposals, conduct competitive truck reviews and participate in marketing/field input activities
* Devise plans for component strategy creation that take advantage of unapparent opportunities given technology advances aligned with corporate vision
* Develop, design, release, test and follow up development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer.
* Collaborate and provide support to the Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups engaged in the project.
* Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements
* Support development testing to ensure design robustness to requirements.
* Develop and execute test plans (DVP&R, validation, etc.) for complete vehicle, system, and components
* Analyze data and communicate test results both verbally and through written reports
* Provide product/process specification documents, detailed drawings, test engineering reports, sales and product information data and test plans
The Electrical Engineer Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
* B.S. Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in electrical (at system and component level design), using schematic capture and wiring diagram tools
* Specialized knowledge/skill in C Programming language, strongly preferred
* Specialized knowledge of CAN bus systems (SAE J1939 or CAN Open) strongly preferred
* Specialized knowledge/skill in drafting practices, CAD, engineering analysis, design layouts, vehicle/automotive technology is a plus
* Specialized knowledge / skill in design, manufacturing technology is a plus
* Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
* Attention to Quality: Follow established procedures and be attentive to details to ensure accuracy in design and documentation.
* Decision Making: Exhibit good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; demonstrate ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
* Systematic Problem solving: Demonstrate ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
* Travel may be required (less than 25% total time)
* Manage the engineering concept, design, release, and follow up development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer
* Develop and manage the engineering plan / schedule for the project
* Manage the engineering activities required to support the Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups engaged in the project.
* Take a leadership role in identifying and implementing improved processes for product innovation, reliability and cost, development efficiency, customer responsiveness, and overall quality of work
* Work with partner companies and suppliers to deliver total truck performance
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci4yMTA3Ni43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
Greenville North Carolina