Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Resident Service Engineer III at our facility located in Berea, KY. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Resident Service Engineering team. As a Resident Service Engineer III, you will resolve technical problems for Yale and Hyster Dealers, customers, and HYG Field Service Managers. Supply HYG approved modifications and warranty authorizations. Maintain Contact Management System and develop and maintain technical libraries. Produce and publish technical service information to the field. Monitor warranty activity for failure trends. Create Flat rate service times for new products and review them for existing products.
Key accountabilities include:
* Serve as the main HYG service contact for customer, dealers, international, marketing and regional field service managers to support Yale and Hyster product, utilizing the Contact Management and other systems.
* Authorize warranty repairs to $3500.00
* Recommend to engineering, vendors, and manufacturing plants, product changes required to improve product performance, reliability and serviceability and the reduction of warranty costs. Provide technical and statistical reports to define the costs and customer dissatisfaction levels related to product deficiencies.
* Maintain technical libraries consisting of service, test data, sales and training literature on current and non-current product.
* Provide assistance to Engineering and Manufacturing in the selection of field test sites for testing improved components.
* Create and release Service Grams & Bulletins to the dealer network. Create and review flat rate service times for new and existing products.
* BS degree in Science or Engineering preferred.
* With BS Engineering - 3-5 years of field experience or without BS Engineering - 7-9 years of field experience. Relevant experience in Lift truck mechanics and troubleshooting.
* Practical knowledge of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems, mechanical construction, internal combustion engines and electric motors as applied to products marketed by Yale and Hyster or similar industry.
* Knowledge to interpret engineering drawing, wiring diagrams, schematics and welding procedures.
* Specialized knowledge of lift truck applications related to stability, safety and efficient operation.
* Good knowledge of departmental and corporate policies and procedures and government and industry regulations concerning industrial trucks.
* Knowledge of failure analysis
* Excellent verbal and written communication skill essential.
Berea, Kentucky, is a vibrant city centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and is best known for its art festivals, historic restaurants and buildings, and the home to Berea College, a private, Liberal Arts College. Berea is situated in southern Madison County, located within 30 miles south of the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington has a population over 305,000 and is the second-largest city in Kentucky.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci4xNzQxMy43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t