Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Global Aftermarket Packaging Engineer located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Global Aftermarket Packaging Engineer who will have a positive influence on the Global Aftermarket Supply Chain team. As a Global Aftermarket Packaging Engineer, you will lead packaging standardization and improvement initiatives within the Global Aftermarket Supply Chain Strategy Group and enable standardized processes within local supply chain theatres by streamlining and eliminating redundant activities and functions. This position will utilize quantitative methods such as data mining, field research, predictive modeling, logistic regression, segmentation, etc. to recommend strategic approaches to product packaging, logistical resources and customer packaging.
The successful Global Aftermarket Packaging Engineer will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Develop and implement global packaging standards and processes with regional groups, packaging providers, 3PL partners and prepacking suppliers to ensure alignment/compliance.
* Develop, implement and maintain 3PL & Supplier packing guidelines to create consistency with the external partners in the supply chain to minimize rework and eliminate waste.
* Drive continuous improvement throughout the global aftermarket organization in order to increase customer satisfaction and internal productivity in-line with key corporate directives, such as minimizing operational cost while expanding distribution footprint.
* Use statistical analysis and strong problem solving skills to identify potential packaging related claims data and develop cost effective solutions to resolve issues.
* Identify, design and present alternative packaging solutions based on new innovations, field research, operational efficiencies, damage reporting, increased shipment density that will reduce logistics cost associated with shipping parts (parcel friendly & dim weight).
The successful Global Aftermarket Packaging Engineer will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* BS degree in Packaging Science, Packaging Design Technology or related discipline.
* 3-5 years minimum experience in packaging design or packaging testing.
* Experience in e-commerce, retail packaging, 3PL packaging, or with packaging testing labs preferred or a supply chain/operation background with strong link to packaging.
* Excellent people skills and an effective persuader.
* Excellent time management skills. Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving / analytical skills.
* PC / System skills:
- Advance level in data anlitics through different data platforms like SQL, SAP BW, Cognos, Access / Visual Basic experience desired. Basic knowlegde of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Project management skills.
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401K with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
* On site cafeteria
Greenville, NC is a vibrant city in Pitt County located just 85 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 85 miles west of the beaches of the Crystal Coast. It has a population of over 179,000 people in the greater metropolitan area and is ranked number six Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine. Greenville, NC is the home of East Carolina University and friendly southern culture offering dining, arts, museums, festivals, and a variety of amenities and quick access to several water fronts and beaches for people who love the outdoors. For more information about Greenville, visit http://visitgreenvillenc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c3RlcGhhbmllLnBoaWxsaXBzLjgzNzc3Ljc4NDJAbm1oZy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
|Company||Hyster-Yale Group, Inc|
|Address||Greenville North Carolina|