Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Quality Engineer at our facility located in Berea, Kentucky. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Quality team. As a Quality Engineer you will have the opportunity to review purchased product and assembled finished product for acceptability and continuous improvement of rejects, returns and warranty costs. You will work with customers to assure problem definition and appropriate corrective action and also work with suppliers to promote corrective action on quality problems and eliminate product delays due to poor purchased quality to analyze data and come up with viable improvement proposals. The ability to work with and communicate with all levels of the operation, the company, and its customers is a necessity. Leadership, motivation, and creativity are personal characteristics that can contribute to the success of this position.
* Warranty analysis to identify areas for Manufacturing and Design improvement
* Customer liaison to assure customer satisfaction to schedule attainment and service liason to assist in field troubleshooting and quality improvements.
* Troubleshoot quality problems and identify fixes through all levels of the operation.
* Identify and assist in the implementation of sustainable business process and manufacturing improvements intended to reduce warranty claims and improve product quality.
* Serve as a dynamic change agent and support customer focused business improvement projects using DMAIC and other problem solving methods.
* Serve as a member of a team working across functional and organizational boundaries to analyze and solve problems.
* Report progress to NMHG Management
* Test Stand performance analysis to develop corrective action for reject causes.
* Bachelors' degree and minimum of 5 years' experience
* Blue print reading and GDT
* PC and database operation
* Engineering record system and product offerings
* Assembly and manufacturing process knowledge
Berea is situated in southern Madison County near the edge of central Kentucky's Blue Grass Region. The city is located 39 miles south of Lexington, Kentucky, the “Horse Capital of the World and 132 miles north of Knoxville, Tennessee. Boasting a small town atmosphere with rich cultural and historic roots, Berea is an ideal place to live, work and play. It is the home to Berea College, a private, Liberal Arts College. Berea hosts the headquarters of the Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen-50 years old in 2011, the Kentucky Artisan Center, along with a colony of studio artists; its employment base includes over 3,500 jobs in manufacturing. Berea has a pedestrian-friendly culture supported by miles of bike trails, sidewalks and regularly held 5K-walks and 10K-runs.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci42MjY5Ni43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
|Company||Hyster-Yale Group, Inc|