Murata Machinery USA, Inc.’s Logistics & Automation Division currently has an opening for a Sales Account Manager in Chicago, IL.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the Muratec Logistics & Automation Division Product and Project sales within the designated territory. The Regional Sales Manager will achieve sales objectives by executing sales strategies for markets defined in collaboration with the National Sales Manager. Executing these sales directly will be the key component of the position and implementing appropriate tactics in order to achieve the sales targets will be an integral part of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Meet established sales objectives through direct sales activities, to include:
- Utilize consultative and strategic selling principles to directly sell automated material handling systems.
- Identify, define and work collectively with the client’s decision-making network.
- Review Customer RFP’s, surveys, and economic justifications.
- Identify, influence and define the clients buying criteria and work collaboratively with internal System Engineering to meet customer expectations.
- Document sales activities, interactions and customer projects using the organization CRM tracking and documentation package and assist in creating strategies for systems and/or modernization projects.
- Visit Key Customer accounts to maintain existing Customer base and expand new customer base.
- Generate information for company management covering competitive activity and product development issues
- Become actively involved in key account negotiations and critical commercial situations in the region.
- Evaluate and recommend new business to company management.
- Participate in Division's sales plan process and review.
- Prepare, maintain, and operate according to long and short-range sales programs and the related annual expense budget.
- Assist and coordinate with Aftermarket Services and Finance to maintain good customer relations and image, minimizes receivables, minimizes warranty and product liability costs, and identifies needed areas of product improvement.
- Assist in Marketing Communications by participating in trade shows, presentations, and participation in technical seminars and associations, and recommends new sales aids or changes.
- Make recommendations regarding adjustments to prices, terms of sales, and agent agreements.
- Maintain an effective relationship with other Field Sales and Service personnel and other L&A Departments and represents Division to promote good business and community relationships.
Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university preferred. Or a minimum of seven years of experience selling into the Services, Manufacturing or Industrial product industries. Preference will be given to experience related to material handling systems; i.e. AS/RS, AGVS, floor or ceiling mounted monorail systems and conveyor systems. This position requires up to 60% travel including domestic and international. A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
|Company||MURATEC - Logistics & Automation Division|