Estimator - Intralogistics
Carter Control Systems is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Our company is built on four key principles – Cooperation, Responsibility, Communication, and Quality. These principles are embedded in everything we do and drive us to help our customers transform their operations.
Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls, and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs.
We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel, and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
Carter Control Systems is seeking an Estimator for our office in Frederick, MD. This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates well-versed in designing material handling systems. This person must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneous from conception to installation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities ?
- Leads and drives the estimating process through the organization.
- Prepares estimates by calculating the most economical costs, both material, and labor, to meet the requirements of the proposal, product or project. Works closely with operations, engineering and sales teams to understand and help develop the best solution to meet the customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Reviews incoming proposals to support the Bid Development Manager in scheduling the department workload. Will support the Bid Development Manager in the prioritization of each proposal.
- Reviews incoming proposals including contracts, terms and conditions and statements of work to determine risk factors and areas of concern. Works with project management and sales to create project budgets to minimize risks and protect gross margins.
- Work closely with the Sales group to streamline and improve the estimating process.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Conduct site surveys for new proposals
- Attend proposal pre-bid meetings
- Develop and update overall schedules for proposals using Microsoft Projects
- Update the Systems Engineering Manager on the status of proposals
- Document system details for use in proposals
- Design conveyor systems for proposals from concept to final submission
- Manage multiple projects from conception to installation
- Prepare cost estimations of equipment and manpower required in final designs
- Evaluate subcontractor pricing to be included in proposals
- Analyses cost data actual vs budgeted.
- Maintains a cost database for all costs incurred on projects.
- Develops parametric pricing based on historical data.
- Travel as required.
- 3+ years of estimation experience
- B.S. in business/engineering or related field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Demo 3D, Microsoft Projects, Microsoft Excel & Word, & Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Self-motivated; strong work ethic and drive for success
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Adept at multitasking; able to prioritize conflicting issues
- Strong interpersonal communication; able to work well within a team
- Construction or intralogistics ERP experience
|Company||Carter Control Systems, Inc.|
|Phone||301-698-9660 Ext. 101|
|Address||7118 Geoffrey Way|
Frederick MD 21704