National Sales Manager
Translates corporate strategic plans into sales plans and actions, and develops and executes sales strategies that lead to the achievement of sales goals. Leads BOSTONtec sales team and functions. Closes sales with end use customers and channel partners within assigned geographic areas and assists other team members with their customers and channel partners. Maintains and develops current channel partners and key accounts and actively works to expand customer base and sales opportunities.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and execute effective sales plans to support the corporate strategic plan(s). This includes determining: distribution channels; geography; required resources; structure; roles and responsibilities.
- Actively cultivate prospects and leads in assigned geographic areas so as to meet or exceed annual personal sales goal.
- Lead the Sales team to achieve sales targets.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the sales department.
- Prepare, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales budgets and forecasts.
- Develop, train, and deploy effective formal sales processes, track and report results.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- Strengthen and expand the customer base and increase orders by making personal contacts and developing relationships with existing and potential channel partners and customers (e.g. dealers, integrators, owners, developers and end-users).
- Distribute and follow up with Sales team on leads.
- Engage with end use customers to understand application needs and then utilize BOSTONtec’s capability to provide a solution. Communicate the solution requirement to the Product Management, Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Provide training to channel partner representatives in an effort to increase their product knowledge, understanding of BOSTONtec’s value proposition and sales tactics.
- Attend and generate leads at tradeshows. Follow up on leads. Represent the organization at other external events.
- Prepare and/or deliver formal sales presentations with assistance from other Sales and Marketing staff.
- Work as a team with Marketing and Product Management staff on market research. Provide information about any market or product trends that need to be researched further.
- Work as a team with Marketing and Product Management staff to evaluate and execute product launch plans.
- Identify revenue-increasing opportunities within current markets and engage appropriate functional areas such as Marketing and/or Product Management for support, planning and execution.
- Develop detailed sales plans, including distribution channels, to support existing and new markets and/or products.
- Work in an extremely safe manner, following all safety rules and regulations.
- Support and uphold the company’s values – Teamwork, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Achievement and Growth.
- Develop teamwork by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all employees and business contacts.
- Exhibit respect and truthfulness in every interaction, while doing what we say we’ll do.
- Work with enthusiasm, remain optimistic, and seek innovative solutions to problems.
- Work with focus, discipline and a sense of urgency to accomplish personal, professional and company goals.
- Demonstrate an intolerance for complacency and fearlessly pursue new opportunities and innovations.
- Understand, embrace and adhere to the principles of continuous improvement.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Formal training and/or education in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of field sales, technical sales engineer, and sales management experience, with proven sales results. Market-related experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with ergonomic solutions preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently grow company sales.
- Knowledge and experience with formal sales process design and deployment.
- Strong team leadership and management skills.
- Ability to develop, deploy, and analyze appropriate sales metrics.
- Ability to communicate BOSTONtec’s value proposition effectively.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal and written.
- Personal credibility as evidenced by following through on promises and commitments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Confident and persuasive negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently but also be a strong team player.
- Ability to train other personnel as to products, related product solutions and sales techniques.
- Experienced in making presentations to knowledgeable groups of professionals.
- Practical computer literacy and ability to use the Internet and software such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other programs as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel often and extensively by air and land. Can be up to 75%
- Ability to work independently away from direct support.
|Contact||Jeff Clark, Director of Human Resources or Kelly Wehner, President|
|Phone||989-496-0740 (Jeff) or 989-496-0751 (Kelly)|
|Address||2700 James Savage Road|
Midland MI 48642