Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Materials Flow Manager at our facility located in Berea, KY. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Materials team. As a Materials Flow Manager, you will have the opportunity to provide leadership and direction to the materials team that supports the attainment of production requirements in line with HYG Company objectives and initiatives. This position is accountable for the planning, organization and control of all production planning / shop floor material flow / floor replenishment / Shipping/ Receiving and Stores functions as well as the development and deployment of all production schedules and production control activities utilized to ensure the timely throughput of quality products to meet customer order requirements. This position is responsible for inventory management, inventory movement, transactional accuracy, inventory storage & preservation. Additionally, the position is responsible for maintaining plant DFT material flow linkage to the Supply Chain in support of Demand Flow Technology operating systems including supplier Kanban development and preemptive DFT shortage reporting processes and responsible to manage Inter-company component supply with HYG component plants. This position is also responsible for the physical shipment of finished product and is the main plant interface with HYG Operational Procurement / Supply Chain organizations.
The Materials Flow Manager will provide the following key accountabilities:
* Provide leadership to the Material Flow team toward Continuous Improvement required to achieve company goals and objectives including AOP targets. Eliminate waste in all aspects of Material Flow Management.
* Plan and control plant inventory levels. Ensure strong plant Linkage to Supply Chain Management systems.
* Maintain robust plant floor production and material flow in support of customer order requirements and quality level expectations.
* Manage physical inventories; receipts, storage, packaging / preservation / FIFO / shipping / floor replenishment / internal Kanban / RIP processes / transactional accuracy. Ensure flow of material to support production build requirements.
* Maintain continuity-of-supply with component feeder plants.
* Maintain good working relationships with Operational Procurement and form the interface with this organization and the Plant. Also form the basis of contact with all other functions in the Plant.
The successful Materials Flow Manager will meet the following minimum qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Minimum of 10 years' management experience in a manufacturing, materials or production planning role required. Prior Management experience in a Demand Flow Technology environment required.
* Effective leadership and motivational skills utilizing coaching, mentoring, and goal setting techniques as well as formal leadership training, post-secondary education, seminars, workshops and in house developmental programs required.
* Problem solving and decision making skills required.
* Must have gained a high level of production flow and material flow system knowledge through working within a manufacturing environment using MRP and / or Supply Management principles.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* This position requires extensive knowledge of DFT manufacturing process and would require knowledge gained through at least 5 years working in a DFT environment.
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
* On-site cafeteria
Berea, Kentucky, is a vibrant city centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and is best known for its art festivals, historic restaurants and buildings, and the home to Berea College, a private, Liberal Arts College. Berea is situated in southern Madison County, located within 30 miles south of the 'Horse Capital of the World", Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington has a population over 305,000 and is the second-largest city in Kentucky.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci42OTg5OC43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
|Company||Hyster-Yale Group, Inc|