Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Manufacturing Engineer II at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the NOVO/Global Marketing team. As a Manufacturing Engineer II you will perform engineering tasks that deal directly with the manufacturing assembly of forklifts. Plans, organizes, develops, and implements projects or activities to optimize productivity in terms of quality, quantity and cost. Acts as a liaison between various engineering functions and manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Engineer II Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
* Reduce costs, increase productivity, reduce scrap/re-work, and provide resources to train and problem solve.
* Support Shop Floor and Indirect areas by providing proper documentation, tools and training for the assembly of trucks as well as functional troubleshooting.
* Develop and maintain SOE documentation in DFT environment.
* Evaluate and resolve problems in Manufacturing and develop operators to resolve issues independently.
* Develop methods, standards, line balances and line layouts.
* Support the introduction of New Products into Production.
* Provide feedback of design and review of manufacturability as well as cost of products.
* Develop and maintain OMS to support assembly.
* Analyze, develop, layout, procure and install, equipment and tools for implementing products.
* Establish and document procedures. Train operators in correct assembly procedures and resolves any additional issues.
* Determine costs, manufacturability of changes and specials. Expeditiously process and document methods. Cat D, Service, OEM and ECO activities.
* Work with Manufacturing and QA to start up, debug and verify processes.
* Ensure continual improvements of cost, processes, safety and quality.
* Capital Projects evaluation and implementation.
* Analyze, access cost justifications for each alternative and assist in writing Acquisition Requests. Install, start-up, and de-bug equipment.
* Eliminate waste, increase quality, and improve productivity. Provide quality process documentation.
* Provide technical input, manufacturing, machinery and tooling costs, material specifications, manufacturing processes, quality inspection documents and incentive time standards needed to accurately and safely manufacture component parts.
* Research and Development of new manufacturing processes, tooling and machinery
* Identify and submit Value Improvement Process (VIP) opportunities. Evaluate Process Improvement Requests (PIR) and Corrective Action Requests (CAR) for incorporation into manufacturing processes.
* Acts as project manager and liaison between various engineering functions and manufacturing.
The Successful Manufacturing Engineer II Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
* BS Engineering, required
* 3-5 years engineering or manufacturing experience, required. Heavy equipment or Big Lift-Trucks experience, preferred
* Working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical/ electronic componentry and circuitry as it relates to lift trucks.
* CAD/CAM, PRO-E, and COREL drawing familiarization
* ISO techniques and philosophy
* JIT, CSM, DFT, FlowBase400 techniques and philosophy
* Quality Assurance procedures and fundamentals
* Product Engineering procedures and fundamentals
* Systems knowledge (AS400, NOMS,CORE, EDM), preferred
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
* On-site Cafeteria
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZWxpemFiZXRoLmFydGh1ci41OTIyNS43ODQyQG5taGcuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
|Company||Hyster-Yale Group, Inc|
Greenville North Carolina