The Ergonomic Assist Systems and Equipment (EASE) Product Group of MHI has produced a two-hour online course on ergonomics & lean in industrial environments.
This dynamic course is designed to aid sales personnel on ergonomic and lean principles and the following topics:
• What is industrial ergonomics, why it’s important and its benefits
• Trends in the industrial workplace
• Work physiology and its effects on fatigue/injury
• Stressors and the risk factors of force and movement and how to recognize them
• Basic lean values and their benefits in manufacturing, assembly and warehousing
• Understand the drivers, such as eliminating waste
The course includes an ergonomics checklist and solutions guide including:
• Observation techniques to do a productive plant walk-thru
• How to make equipment recommendations based on their ergonomic or lean benefits
• Simple benchmarks on manual material handling tasks such as lifting, carrying, etc.
The EASE Product Group of MH
I is a resource for trends, information, practices, equipment and organizations that focus on ergonomics and improving the working interface between people and the materials they must move and use to reduce injury, increase productivity while providing a significant return on investment.
EASE members are the leading providers of ergonomic assist systems and equipment for the industrial environment. Their solutions promote the general safety and health aspects of work environments for people with or in the vicinity of mechanical equipment. Such equipment includes Adjustable Worker Elevation Platforms, Balancers, Containers Tilters, Lift Tables, Manipulators, Pallet Rotators, Stackers, Vacuum Assist Devices, platform trucks, carts, flooring technologies, Workstation Cranes and Intelligent Assist Devices.
MHI is an international trade association that has represented the material handling and logistics industry since 1945. MHI members include material handling, logistics and supply chain equipment and systems manufacturers, integrators, consultants, publishers, and third party logistics providers. The association sponsors trade events, such as ProMat and MODEX to showcase the products and services of its member companies and to educate manufacturing and supply chain professionals on the productivity solutions provided through material handling and logistics.
Contact: Carol Miller,
Vice President of Marketing & Communications, MHI (704) 676-1190.