Founded in 1933, The Monorail Manufacturers Association,
Inc. (MMA) is an independent incorporated trade association affiliated with the Material
Handling Industry. MMA Members produce the preponderance of patented and enclosed track
underhung cranes and monorail systems.
MMA operates through committees with programs and policies reviewed and adopted by the
membership with representation from each member company. Its many activities include an
active engineering committee. MMA is represented on a number of standards developing
committees and actively supports the development and certification of safety standards
by the ANSI consensus method.
To deliver real value to members, channel partners, consumers, and users by:
- Driving demand for products and services
- Delivering education and professional development programs
- Creating a forum for collaboration
- Promoting safety and proper monorail applications
- Making membership compelling
- MMA is recognized as a leading authority and a principal resource in the overhead material handling industry.
- MMA is recognized as the leading advocate for the safe application and operation of enclosed track, patented track and automated electrified monorail equipment, systems and related products.
- MMA members are the recognized leaders in the marketplace and the subject matter experts. We will achieve this by:
- Delivering superior value in our products and services.
- Providing products and services that are safe and productive.
- Providing high value solutions directly or through knowledgeable and expert channel partners.
- Providing an environment in which our customers can confidently purchase and derive superior value from our products.
What is the value of membership in the Monorail Manufacturers Association (MMA)?
- Market Intelligence Information:
- Unit and volume statistics program
- Market forecasts and economic indicator monitoring
- Industry forecasts
- Geographic product distribution and planning data, workshops
- Channel partner planning workshops
- Trend monitoring
- Planning and forecasting tools, workshops
- Business planning community
- Members Professional Development
- Leadership development
- Multi-topic educational series
- Networking throughout the industry
- Peer to peer interaction
- Promotion of the Safe Use of our Products
- Development of product standards
- Best Practices for product usage
- Development of maintenance and service inspection manuals
- Development of proper hoist usage documents
- OSHA Alliance program with OSHA to promote safety
- Tip and Fact Sheets for OSHA distribution
- MMA Members are recognized as the Market’s Leaders: MMA Members:
- Are Speakers and Education Subject Experts
- Provide Engineering Specification and Standards Input
- Publish a Compendium of Product Standards
- Increased Exposure to Customers
- Web-based Case Studies provide Market Solutions to Users
- MHI Website channels customers to MMA members
- MMA Certified Program increases Product Value
Why should your company join and participate in MMA?
- Participation in MMA will:
- Increase your business levels
- Increase your exposure in the marketplace
- Develop your employees
- Help your corporate decision-making
- Increase safe usage of your products
- Position your company as one of the leaders in the industry
- What is the Commitment to Join?
- MHI Annual Dues $2,000
- MHI Industry Group Fee $2,450
- MMA Annual Dues of $2,500
- Initiation fee $500 (one time fee)
- Attend the Spring and Fall Membership Meetings
- Active Meeting participation
- Contribute effort to support the Association’s objectives
- Provide Statistical Reporting
- Additional Benefits of Becoming an MHI Member
- Trade Exhibition Participation
- Membership Meetings with Educational sessions
- Networking across the Material handling Industry
- Exposure on www.mhi.org via your company’s microsite
- MHEM Economic Forecast produced quarterly
Please click here to learn more: MHI Membership
Value Statement to MMA Customers
- MMA Members:
- Are recognized as the Leaders in the design, manufacturing, and supply of Workstation Cranes and Patented Track Systems.
- Engage in the development of ANSI technical specifications that promote consistent design, manufacturing and installation of their products.
- Collaborate with OSHA through the OSHA Alliance programs to promote the safe use of their products.
- Have extensive experience in many applications and can solve your material handling problems.
- Are subject matter experts in the industry.