Project Engineer/CAD Specialist
About NPSG Global’s Automation Team
Are you interested in helping the world’s best companies scale logistics at the speed of innovation? Are you seeking to professionally develop with a fast-growing, dynamic company with a forward-thinking culture that is transforming the world of automation? Are you energized by the prospect of growing your engineering and CAD skills with a company at the leading edge of the material handling engineering solutions industry? Do you consistently strive for excellence? If you answered yes to these questions, then NPSG Global is the place for you. NPSG Global delivers critical e-fulfillment warehouse implementation and automation services from design consultation to technical integration, buildout, retrofits by providing facility operators with maximum site efficiencies through innovative technology solutions and products.
The Project Engineer/CAD Specialist is responsible for designing MHE integration layouts and creating architectural and building 3D laser scans for e-fulfillment and distribution warehousing solutions. This role is further responsible for requesting and reviewing vendor RFPs, creating Bills of Materials (BOMs), and accurately capturing, through CAD drawings, the current state of the warehouse or distribution center to allow for NPSG customers to plan the space layout and make any necessary renovations. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with reviewing drawings, conducting takeoffs, and supporting the design of MHE systems in the material handling industry. Preference is for the role to be based in the Atlanta area, but other locations may be considered.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects, for e-fulfillment and distribution warehouses, capture and detail the current state of the warehouse and include features such as walls, windows, doors, truck ramps and courts with accurate slopes, interior lights, HVAC, piping, etc.
- Develop build-to-suit designs for warehouse automation planning and perform detailed design work laying out exact MHE equipment, supporting structures, and all other items.
- Analyze and understand client specifications, space and site requirements, and other technical data for CAD output and deliverables and determine their effect on MHE integration and designs.
- Review and evaluate drawings to develop take offs and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Provide engineering support to program managers and onsite project managers on larger projects.
- Modify and revise CAD designs as necessary.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs as it pertains to the design of material handling equipment and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent MHE elements.
- Develop estimate of floor space requirements for projects.
- Travel to client sites to survey and map client facilities using NPSG Global assigned equipment and maintain security of equipment.
- Convey description of mechanical operation, product description and product specifications in a detailed and concise manner with the written word, with ability to format for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Align and export raw point cloud data using Leica Cyclone software, and then utilize data to recreate the point cloud as a 3-D model using computer-aided design (CAD) software, such as AutoCAD 3D (preferred) or Revit, and exporting into .dwg, .nwd, and .LGS photo cloud formats.
- Associate Degree or Technical Certification in Auto CAD/CAM design.
- 2-3 years drafting experience using AutoCAD in a commercial architectural or construction setting, preferably in a material handling environment.
- 1+ years using Revit, Cyclone, and Cloudworx software. Experience using software packages like CREO and Solidworks, is a plus.
- Ability to actively listen by giving full attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions to understand the implications of new data and information for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to critically think by using logic and reasoning to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to travel overnight for up to 3 days at a time with limited notice.
- Ability to communicate accurately and professionally regarding technical information and to effectively collaborate with engineers, stakeholders, and colleagues.
- A valid driver’s license and a solid driving record is required as this position involves frequent travel up to 30-40% of the time.
NPSG Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Company Division||Automation |
|Contact||Melissa Hernandez, HRBP |
|Address||2105 Barrett Park Drive|
Kennesaw GA 30144