Technical Sales Engineer
Woodsage LLC is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer that is proactive, energetic, and a team player that thrives in a manufacturing environment. Woodsage LLC is a growing manufacturer of fabricated steel tube products. This position would be based out of our location in Holland, OH.
A career at Woodsage LLC means becoming a part of a diverse group of remarkable professionals. We hire the best and take care of our people like family. Our work style is collaborative, open, and welcoming of new ideas. Our employees enjoy a company culture that fosters teamwork as well as individual initiative and rewards success.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical Sales Engineer will be instrumental in securing new business opportunities and growing the material handling business portfolio. This individual will serve as a liaison in the sales process between the material handling sales team and client by providing technical knowledge, conveyor system experience and expertise. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to,
- Professionally represent Woodsage with existing and prospective customers.
- Develop and expand relationships within the technical/engineering side of Woodsage's conveyor system customer base, including customers' R&D functions.
- Conduct product development activities that are closely aligned with industry and customer needs.
- In close coordination with the customer, develop product performance specifications and requirements.
- Present technical papers at industry conventions and trade shows.
- Become an expert in adjacent technologies to Woodsage's traditional conveyor system products, such as pulleys, belting, bearings and sleeving materials.
- Assist the sales team in proactively searching, identifying, and obtaining new business opportunities with new customers and existing customers.
- Position the Company as its client's technical solutions provider and the industry's subject matter expert.
- Active pipeline development and management with a focus on increasing active customers and growing volume sales.
- Serve as the key point of contact for providing technical knowledge and expertise during the pre and after-sale advice to the sales team and customers on products.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering and production departments to determine how products could be made or modified to suit the needs of the customer.
- Maintain a strong focus on growing gross margin while increasing top line sales.
- Help build market position by developing and negotiating new business relationships.
- Maintain a high level of rapport with all customers and establish an open line of communication.
- Assist sales team as requested with marketing initiatives and projects to proactively participate in further elevating the Company's brand.
- Perform marketing support to promote the Company's image throughout the industry.
- Maintain and grow professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies and industry associations such as Material Handling Industry (MHI), Warehouse Education and Research Council (WERC), and the International Association of Baggage Systems Companies (IABSC).
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years technical sales experience in the material handling industry.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering or related technical degree.
- New business development and proven sales experience required.
- Solid mechanical aptitude required.
- Self-starter and fast learner who can adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and performance driven
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong decision making and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize work
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in solid modeling software
- Ability to travel at least two days a week overnight
- Experience in a steel or tube fabricating environment a plus
- At least two years of solid industrial sales experience
- Manufacturing industry experience in material handling
- A solid understanding of the industry's value chain participation.
- A solid understanding of warehouse conveyance trends such as conveyor speeds, noise reduction and overall design.
|Contact||Meghan Feldmann, Director of Human Resources|
|Phone||419-866-8000 ext. 1835|
|Address||7400 Airport Hwy|
Holland OH 43528